Category: System Tools
Software homepage: http://www.nongnu.org/synaptic/
Synaptic is a graphical package management program for apt. It provides the same features as the apt-get command line utility with a GUI front-end based on Gtk+.
- Install, remove, upgrade and downgrade single and multiple packages.
- Upgrade your whole system.
- Manage package repositories (sources.list).
- Find packages by name, description and several other attributes.
- Select packages by status, section, name or a custom filter.
- Sort packages by name, status, size or version.
- Browse all available online documentation related to a package.
- Download the latest changelog of a package.
- Lock packages to the current version.
- Force the installation of a specifc package version.
- Undo/Redo of selections.
- Built-in terminal emulator for the package manager.