Category: PDF Readers
Software homepage: https://okular.kde.org/
Okular’s annotation features include commenting on PDF documents, highlighting and drawing lines, geometric shapes, adding textboxes, and stamps. Annotations are stored separately from the unmodified PDF file, or can be saved in the document as standard PDF annotations.
It supports the following file formats:
- Portable Document Format (PDF) with the Poppler backend
- PostScript with the libspectre backend
- Tagged Image File Format (TIFF) with the libTIFF backend
- Microsoft Compiled HTML Help (CHM) with the libCHM backend
- DjVu with the DjVuLibre backend
- Device independent file format (DVI)
- XML Paper Specification (XPS)
- OpenDocument format (ODF) (only odt)
- Various image formats, such as JPG
The official version obeys the DRM restrictions of PDF files by default, which may prevent copying, printing, or converting some PDF files. This can be turned off in the options under “Obey DRM limitations”.