Bodhi 2015 Reflection and 2016 Road Map
Another year has come and gone and we are still here moving along at the Bodhi project. This was a pretty important year for us over all.
Some high lights:
- I came back to the project after a brief hiatus.
- We pushed a new website live
- We finally released our 3.0.0 version based on Ubuntu 14.04
- We got the majority of our source code onto GitHub
- And most importantly – we started the Moksha Desktop project
2015 is not going to be a peak for Bodhi by any means though. We have some big plans for 2016 and are looking forward for to releasing some awesome software for everyone to enjoy. Today I would like to share a brief road map of our plans for 2016:
- January 2016 – Moksha 0.2.0 Release
- February 2016 – First Swami Control Panel Release
- March 2016 – Bodhi 3.2.0 update release featuring Moksha 0.2.0 and Swami Control Panel
- August 2016 – Bodhi 4.0.0 built on Ubuntu 16.04
I am sure we will have other Moksha / Swami releases during the year at some point, but when those happen will be determined by feature goals / development time. Stay tuned to our blog here on BodhiLinux.com for future updates.
Finally I would like to close out this post by extending a big thank you to everyone who donated to the Bodhi project in 2015. Your donations help keep the servers running the send out package updates and power the website that you are reading this post on.
Happy New Year!